Krishna Das – Deepen the Loving Presence Within & Develop Inner Strength Through Devotional Chanting 2022
Krishna Das – Deepen the Loving Presence Within & Develop Inner Strength Through Devotional Chanting 2022
Come face-to-face with the loving presence within — and become more at ease, resilient, grounded, and compassionate — as you spiritually evolve in the midst of life’s greatest challenges.
The disturbing circumstances of these strange times continue. We’re still navigating a global pandemic, facing economic and social justice struggles, and dealing with upended routines and expectations in our daily lives.
Our interaction with the outside world continues to be limited, and many of us are wondering…
How can we find a way to get through the day without melting down?
How can we face the challenges and difficulties of being a human on this planet at this time?
You can find a way to use the tumultuous situation of our outer world to find the still, silent voice within — the voice of your true being.
Join us for a powerful 8-part course with world-renowned bestselling Western chant artist Krishna Das (KD), as he guides you to be more at ease in THIS moment, then the next, then the next…
He’ll share wisdom teachings he’s gathered over his 50 years on the spiritual path… to help you confidently meet whatever arises in your life, without being destroyed by it — no matter how unfamiliar or painful.
KD will walk you through cultivating openhearted devotion to all aspects of life. Through spiritual practice, you’ll build inner strength to guide you through whatever each day brings.
With plenty of chanting, additional guided practices, cherished guest speakers, and Q&A sessions, you’ll spend eight sessions delving into the ways spiritual practice can ripen your heart to fullness.
Stay Present in the Here & Now With Devotional Chanting
As KD has shared with his students from all over the world, chanting helps you stay focused and present, using the mantra as the object of awareness.
Chanting coaxes you to exercise your letting-go muscle — and develop the fortitude to release negative thoughts, difficult emotions, the stories you believe about yourself… and anything else that takes you away from the present as each moment comes and goes.
Through chanting, you enter the heart cave, the seat of the soul that’s the same within all beings. With enough practice and intention, chanting strengthens new neural pathways in the brain and allows you to embody what you truly are — truth, beauty, unlimited joy, and prevailing, compassionate love.
Throughout this course, KD will share the wisdom and practices he’s turned to throughout his life to overcome the negative programming and the limiting tendencies in his thinking that once created so much suffering.
These practices have, as KD describes it, cleaned out a deeper place in his heart, allowing him to be more at ease with himself as he moves through life.
As KD says, this kind of peace isn’t something up in the sky, that you need to seek out. Instead, it’s right here with you, where you live every day.
There are many ways of approaching this powerful, loving inner presence, and KD will guide you in an exploration of different avenues to your own heart. For instance, you might find you prefer the Loving-Kindness meditation practice, or perhaps a more analytic approach will speak most deeply to you…
Along the way, KD will welcome special guests to introduce new perspectives and approaches, deepening practices, and rich storytelling.
In this transformative new journey into your heart space, you’ll discover:
- A deeper connection to your Inner Being through chanting with KD
- How the practice of Repetition of the Names helps you take refuge in the depth of your own heart to transcend fear, anxiety, and suffering
- Plenty of spontaneity in each class as KD responds to what the group needs most in the moment
- KD’s own experiences on the spiritual path — and a new understanding of the possibilities in your life as you become more open-minded in your own search for deeper meaning
- The life-changing teachings KD has received from the traditions and gurus of Buddhism, Hinduism, Tantra, Bhakti (devotional) yoga, and more
- The ways your knee-jerk reactions are based in fear, clinging, craving, or pushing away — and result in more suffering
- Practices for opening your heart, calming your mind, and developing altruistic intentions towards all beings, including yourself
- How chanting the 40 powerful verses of the Hanuman Chalisa can align you with a deep flow of Grace… the inner presence that can remove obstacles on your path, fill you with divine energy, and allow positive desires to be fulfilled
- Ways to lean on your practice to calm you down and show you how to respond to life’s situations
- Why Sharon Salzberg’s Loving-Kindness meditation is a uniquely powerful practice for Westerners who suffer from self-loathing or a negative self-image
- The wisdom behind the Ramayana sacred text, and how it applies to our daily lives — from Dr. Robert Svoboda, who’s had a lifelong immersion in the spiritual culture of India
- Ways to more easily release your judgmental thoughts — and let go of the stories you believe about yourself and your life
What You’ll Discover in These 8 Modules
In this 8-part transformational intensive, KD will guide you through the fundamental body-mind-spirit skills you’ll need to discover the love that lives within you through devotional chanting.
This course will feature teachings, training sessions, and experiential practices with KD. Each session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones, so you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of the practices, tools, and principles you’ll need to deepen into your true being through devotional chanting.
Module 1 — Gathering in the Heart Space: Welcome & Overview With Chanting
If we find a better way to go through these days, it will reverberate throughout our lives.
— Krishna Das
In this opening module, KD will lay out the foundation of this course and begin sharing his experiences on the spiritual path. Your understanding of life will expand, and the possibility of living each day with powerful joy will unfold for you.
He’ll share teachings he’s received from Buddhism, Hinduism, Tantra, and more. And you’ll discover how there will be a LOT of spontaneity as KD responds in the moment to the group dynamic and its needs… beginning with a powerful guided chant.
In this module, you’ll:
- Start this session (as you will every session!) with the Hanumat Stawan — a prayer, invocation, and mantra all in one
- Gather in the virtual heart space with your fellow participants to experience new breakthroughs
- Learn how KD’s time in India profoundly influenced him, providing a whole new context for living in the world
- Explore different wisdom traditions and practices KD has been immersed in over the last 50 years — including how these varied wisdom streams influenced him, complementing each other as they filled the lake of his heart
- Participate in a guided chant, “Sri Ram Jai Ram,” “Hare Ram,” or similar
Module 2 — The Practice of the Repetition of the Name
One of KD’s most beloved chanting practices is Repetition of the Name — meaning the Divine name (or names) of God.
In this module, he’ll share how every aspect of his life has been positively affected by this powerful practice.
He’ll also explain how many of the spiritual benefits of this practice can’t be explained using the intellect — instead, you’ll feel it from within as you expose yourself to all the different aspects of practice.
During this session, you’ll explore:
- How the Sacred Names are revealed names that come from within — and have been spoken in this world, revealed by the Great Beings who manifest Truth
- The practice of Kirtan, chanting with melody, music, and quiet recitation
- Powerful devotional poetry chosen in the moment, for the moment — perhaps from Kabir, Namdev, Rumi, Mirabai, or Tukaram
- How taking refuge in the depth of your own heart can conquer fear, anxiety, and suffering
- The underlying philosophies behind Repetition of the Name, illuminated by stories of these saints: Sri Ramakrishna, Ramana Maharshi, Neem Karoli Baba, and Anandamayi Ma
Module 3 — Dr. Robert Svoboda: The Ramayana
In this class, KD welcomes a special guest and friend, Dr. Robert Svoboda — who’s been immersed in Indian spiritual culture for many years and is the first Westerner to graduate from a college of Ayurveda and become licensed to practice Ayurveda in India.
Throughout this module, the two will share how the spiritual culture of India has impacted their lives. You’ll hear stories about their gurus and teachers… and how they still feel these presences intimately in their lives.
During this module, Robert and KD will guide you to:
- Understand why the Ramayana, a sacred ancient text, still provides a framework for living your life in this day and age
- Explore short readings and chanting prayers, including Sita’s Prayer and Rudraashtak
- Develop the “wiring” for unconditional love through the practice of devotional (Bhakti) yoga
- Explore the recognition and ripening of Real Love — a love that transcends romantic or emotional love
- Receive practices for opening your heart, calming your mind, and developing altruistic intentions towards all beings, including yourself
Module 4 — The Hanuman Chalisa
In this class, you’ll dig deep into one of the most revered hymns of the Indian devotional tradition, the Hanuman Chalisa… and how chanting its 40 powerful verses can align you with a deep flow of Grace — an inner presence that can remove obstacles on your path, fill you with divine energy, and allow positive desires to be fulfilled.
As you’ll discover, many people who’ve heard KD chant the Hanuman Chalisa live or in his recordings have made it a part of their own regular practice — and you may decide to bring it into yours, too…
As KD guides you to study the Hanuman Chalisa, you’ll explore:
- What it means that this prayer is also mahamantra
- The powerful story of how KD was encouraged to learn the 40 verses of this transformational prayer
- Why chanting the Hanuman Chalisa has been the most powerful root practice in KD’s spiritual work
- KD’s pronunciation recording and transliteration text to help you recite this chant
- A guided chanting as KD leads you to sing the Hanuman Chalisa with musical accompaniment
Module 5 — Hanuman & the Path of Service, Devotion & Surrender
How to transcend the ego and find a way to live in the world that is deeply fulfilling. By studying Hanuman, we can learn what service meant to Him and develop the same strength that He has through devotional practice.
How did Hanuman look upon Ram, who was Ram to Him? How is it possible to be fully active in the world with all its negativities and difficulties, and still be completely and still be immersed in Love? We’ll engage in spiritual practices that will develop this ability.
In this session, KD will share:
- His understanding of the mystery of “All One”
- Powerful stories of Hanuman that will deepen your connection to Hanuman as the Breath of God
- Discussion of the many different forms of Hanuman: baby Hanuman, 5-faced Hanuman, Warrior Hanuman
- Guided devotional chants to Hanuman that expand on the Hanuman Chalisa
- Guided spiritual and meditation practices that will open you to being fully engage in life and immersed in love
- The way in which being with his guru Neem Karoli Baba opened his understanding of these spiritual realities
Module 6 — Puja & Prayers
In this class, you’ll discover the power of puja and prayers. Puja, long-form mantra chanting, can be formal and ceremonial, done in a group — or it can be part of your personal practice.
As you’ll discover, doing puja offers a way of entering into deeper communion with the Universe by invoking and bowing to the presence of Great Beings.
These beings radiate love and compassion and can help lift the veil of illusion — showing you the beauty of your true being.
In this module, you’ll explore:
- How doing puja is a way of collecting the mind, creating an atmosphere of sincerity and whole-hearted intention
- KD’s experience of doing puja in the temples of India
- KD’s stories about the Tewaris, his Indian parents — and what he learned from them about living in a spiritual way
- Powerful lessons from Devi (Goddess) puja, including prayers, verses, and hymns such as Narayani Stuti, Sri Argala Stotram, and Devyaparadha Kshamapana Stotram
- A guided chant with KD
Module 7 — Sharon Salzberg’s Loving-Kindness Practice Philosophy
In this class, you’ll explore the Loving-Kindness practice and how it’s been so useful to KD over the years.
To lead you in meditation and share powerful insights about this practice, KD will welcome meditation teacher Sharon Salzberg, a central figure in the field of meditation, New York Times bestselling author, and co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society.
As you’ll discover, Loving-Kindness is a uniquely powerful practice for Westerners who suffer from self-loathing, negative self-image, and similar struggles.
In this module, KD and Sharon will share:
- Sharon’s crucial role in bringing meditation and mindfulness practices to the West and into mainstream culture
- The story of how Sharon and KD met in Bodhgaya, India in 1970 at the site of the bodhi tree where the Buddha was enlightened
- Sharon’s guided Metta (Loving-Kindness) meditation and teachings about this practice
- How Metta and devotional practices complement each other and move you more deeply into your own heart
Module 8 — Integrating These Practices in Your Life
In this closing module, KD will share the ceremonial closing of a puja, with arti (a ritual in which light is offered to a deity)… and sing “Jaya Jagadisha Hare,” a song taught to Western devotees by K.K. Sah, a dear elder and Indian devotee.
As you bring this exploration to a close, you’ll:
- Participate in a longer guided chanting session
- Review past modules and explore how to put all these teachings into practice — including a chance to ask anything you’ve been wondering during a Q&A session with KD
- Discover how the puja, prayers, and chants that KD’s been doing all these years continue to deepen and ripen his being… and how they can do the same for you
- Receive KD’s guidance for continuing your own spiritual practice
What Graduates of KD’s Courses Are Saying…
“… guided me home to the love inside of me.”
I loved the course with Krishna Das. Through the practice of chanting, it guided me home to the love inside of me. I am including the practices into my daily life and feel expanded and inspired from being in the course. Krishna Das is a great teacher and the staff of The Shift Network were very efficient and helpful. I would highly recommend this course to others.
— Suvani, Santa Fe
“… gave me presence of mind and helped me connect to my heart.”
It gave me peace, and space to simply “be” during such reactive and uncertain times. Although nothing feels normal anymore, the course gave me presence of mind and helped me connect to my heart.
— Dianne DeBernardi, Delray Beach, Florida
“… a journey that invited more personal acceptance…”
This course felt like a journey that invited more personal acceptance and the possibility of clearing the daily clutter we may have. I felt encouraged to be moving closer to the real me with the mirror of a clear(er) heart. The heart-space is where a clearer life exists.
“This course was my saving grace while navigating the ups and downs of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
This course was my saving grace while navigating the ups and downs of the COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you, Krishna Das and the whole staff at The Shift Network!! My heart is wide open!
— Billi Jo, Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“… brought me deeper into my spiritual practice…”
This course brought me deeper into my spiritual practice and renewed my fire to continue to practice more and more and more.
— Kathleen, Salem, Oregon
“I truly feel a deeper connection to the Divine now…”
This course with Krishna Das brought a deeper understanding of the practice of chanting the holy names. I truly feel a deeper connection to the Divine now and have made chanting a daily practice.
— Kelley Ganci, Kitchener, Ontario
“Being a part of this course was so moving because of that connection it brought to my heart.”
I have been a follower of KD for years and was always drawn to his chanting. Being a part of this course was so moving because of that connection it brought to my heart. I hope for more opportunities of this kind with KD. He is the spiritual teacher my heart has longed for. I am deeply grateful.
— Eileen Lively, Heath, Massachusetts
“Everything makes sense now, and I feel at home.”
This course made me understand so many things about myself and people around me. Everything makes sense now, and I feel at home. Thank you, Krishna Das.
— Justyna Smid
“… intimate contact with a deeply powerful practice…”
This class provided intimate contact with a deeply powerful practice… chanting the names of God — ancient names — full of the power to carry souls all the way through this age of darkness. Krishna Das is a wonderful guide. He communicates genuine love and devotion and is at the same time funny and real and practical in a way that engenders profound trust. A shift has definitely occurred in my life as a result of taking this course! Gratitude!
— Ann C., Northampton, Massachusetts
“… truly a transformational experience.”
The ability to watch live interactions in Krishna Das’ personal space and to listen to his candid remarks created a sense of closeness I haven’t felt before. I felt like I was sitting with him. It was truly a transformational experience.
“… a total lifesaver in these difficult times…”
This course was a total lifesaver in these difficult times; chanting exploded in my life and brought me so much grace…
— Magda, Belgium
More Praise for Krishna Das…
“… [Krishna Das’] heartsongs open the channels to God.”
Krishna Das is an example of someone whose heartsongs open the channels to God.
— Ram Dass, bestselling author and spiritual icon
“… chanting for hope when in sorrow, a sense of belonging when feeling adrift…”
I’ve met many people who regularly turn to Krishna Das’ chanting for hope when in sorrow, a sense of belonging when feeling adrift, and for the sheer joy of recalling the power of love. I’m just like that too.”
— Sharon Salzberg, world-renowned teacher and New York Times bestselling author
“… a voice that could move a mountain to dance.”
A fun, yet serious man with a voice that could move a mountain to dance.
— Waylon Lewis, founder of Elephant Journal
“… I feel like I’m… home.”
The music begins and, five seconds later, I feel like I’m… home.
— Jesse Kornbluth, writer and editor of The HeadButler.com
“… Krishna Das put sacred Sanskrit mantras on the music map.”
Hailed as yoga’s rock star, Krishna Das put sacred Sanskrit mantras on the music map.
— Alan di Perna, music historian, author, and journalist
“A living treasury of traditional Kirtan.”
Krishna Das is immersed in the traditional Kirtan lineage. He became a Kirtan singer simply because of his devotion to his guru. Plus his voice is extraordinarily rich and full. I recommend potential students work with him, because he’s the real deal. A living treasury of traditional Kirtan.
— Lama Tsultrim Allione, the first Westerner to be ordained as a nun by HH Karmapa 16; author of Women of Wisdom, Feeding Your Demons, and Wisdom Rising
“… his outside voice and his inside voice… they feed me delicious holy food.”
Krishna Das is everything I love about life, with a deep wisdom and humanity, the deepest sweetest heart, great humor, brilliant insight, and plainspoken goodness. His spirituality and voice are both muscular and tender. He is pure India and Long Island, malas and plaids. I love his outside voice and his inside voice; they are the same and they feed me delicious holy food.
— Anne Lamott, author, political activist, public speaker, and writing teacher
“… learning with Krishna Das is always a deep, heart-transforming experience.”
Working with and learning with Krishna Das is always a deep, heart-transforming experience. He is a treasure. His tender, loving, and all-too-human stories, his hard-won wisdom, his beautiful music and courageous devotion have continually invited me to open my own heart and live in a greater sense of mystery, grace, and love.
— Jack Kornfield, PhD, Buddhist practitioner, co-founder of Spirit Rock Meditation Center and the author of several bestselling books
“[Krishna Das is] the Chant Master of American Yoga.”
— The New York Times
“He’s a real guy with real wisdom to share…”
KD is the perfect mix of insightful and funny, deep and accessible, kind and grumpy. He’s a real guy with real wisdom to share and a beautiful warmth that shines through in his music and his message. If you’re looking for an alternative to woo-woo love-and-lighters in thin, white robes telling you everything is sunshine and lollipops, KD is your man.
— Pete Holmes, comedian, actor, writer, producer, and podcaster
“Any student who is called to work with Krishna Das is most fortunate…”
I’ve taught retreats with Krishna Das for years now; he is one of the most unfailingly generous and quietly talented colleagues and friends I know. He dips freely into a wellspring of steadily reliable spiritual and musical creativity that is rare in this world. Krishna Das also has the gift of being able to communicate that inspiration in his art so that we too can taste it and join him, singing our intense love of God and each other. Drawing on music from East and West, Krishna Das weaves stories from his lived experience of a path of growth in wisdom and understanding. Any student who is called to work with Krishna Das is most fortunate, for they will be learning from an accomplished artist and humble spiritual teacher willing to share the auspicious legacy of a lifetime of devotion.
—Trudy Goodman, Vipassana teacher in the Theravada lineage, and the founding teacher of InsightLA
“His kirtans… are haunting and hypnotic.”
His kirtans, chanted in the ancient Sanskrit language, are haunting and hypnotic.
— The Washington Post
About Krishna Das
Layering traditional Kirtan with instantly accessible melodies and modern instrumentation, Krishna Das has been called yoga’s “rock star.” With a remarkably soulful voice that touches the deepest chord in even the most casual listener, Krishna Das — known to friends, family, and fans as simply KD — has taken call-and-response chanting out of yoga centers and into concert halls, becoming a worldwide icon and the bestselling Western chant artist of all time. His album Live Ananda (released January 2012) was nominated for a Grammy in the Best New Age album category.
KD spent the late ’60s traveling across the US as a student of Ram Dass. In August 1970, he finally made the journey to India, which led him to Ram Dass’ own beloved guru, Neem Karoli Baba, known to devotees as Maharaj-ji. Given the name Krishna Das, KD began to chant as part of following the path of Bhakti yoga, the yoga of devotion.
He took solace in music, finding peace and strength in both his Bhakti yoga practice as well as in such heroes as Ray Charles, Van Morrison, Steely Dan, and Bruce Springsteen (whom he laughingly calls “the Bodhisattva of New Jersey”). KD also co-founded Triloka Records, a California-based label specializing in world music, releasing such artists as Jai Uttal, sarod virtuoso Ali Akbar Khan, and legendary jazz musician/composer Jackie McLean.
In 1994, KD started to lead chanting at Jivamukti Yoga Center, NYC, with an ever-growing audience of yoga students that has led him to chant with people all around the world. In February 2013, Krishna Das performed at the Grammy awards in Los Angeles, which was streamed online to millions of viewers. The award-winning film One Track Heart: The Story of Krishna Das, which has been shown in over 100 U.S. cities and in more than 10 countries, is available on DVD everywhere.
KD’s 16th album, Peace of my Heart, released in October 2018 on behalf of the Kirtan Wallah Foundation, offers nearly two hours of deeply moving, meditative, and artfully restrained new recordings born out of a request from a yoga teacher who works with children on the autism spectrum. Forgoing the ecstatic tempo changes so common to temple-style kirtan, these five new tracks move slowly and deliberately. The song-to-song steadiness is both striking and soothing, and as emotionally impactful as ever.
“The chanting just hits you and you want to be a part of it,” KD promises. “That’s the point of this whole thing. That’s what cuts through all the ‘stuff.’ You get lit up. You don’t have to know what it means.”
Sale Page: https://theshiftnetwork.com/course/01KirtanRenewal01_20
– After making a purchase, you will see a View your order link to the Downloads page. Here you can download all the files related to your order.
– In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend a new download link.
– If you can’t find the download link, please don’t worry about it. This course is usually available and shipped within one day
– The course you purchased will have lifetime access
– Our support staff is the best by far! Please contact us at email: [email protected] and we will be happy to help!