Teresa Boardwine – Restore Your Wellbeing Using Adaptogenic Herbs & Mushrooms 2022
Teresa Boardwine – Restore Your Wellbeing Using Adaptogenic Herbs & Mushrooms 2022
In her 40 years as a master herbalist, Teresa has guided thousands down the path of herbal health — as a lifestyle, healing journey, or herbal medicine career.
Here are a few reasons to LOVE adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms…
They mediate anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
They increase your energy, helping you STAY energized when you need verve — and get rejuvenated when you rest.
They help you build resistance to stress and modulate the fight-flight-or-freeze response.
Additionally, adaptogens that are nootropic support cognition, increase brain acuity, and alleviate signs of mental fatigue.
In essence, adaptogens do a great job of bringing your body into energetic and physiological homeostasis. They do this by creating a balance in the hormones secreted by your endocrine system — hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline.
Adaptogens can help you build a solid foundation for health, wellness, stamina, and vitality… AND they can help you maintain that foundation through all the stressors of life — especially in our current times of uncertainty and upheaval.
If we’re being honest, most of us (understandably) felt unprepared and under-resourced when everything we’re facing right now started unfolding — from the global pandemic to heightened social and financial concerns.
The good news is that you can access powerful herbs to help you meet each day fully prepared for whatever life brings, while being kind to the Earth along the way.
If you’re not familiar with adaptogens, they’re herbs and mushrooms that provide specific botanical actions that help you counteract the effects of stress in your body by normalizing your adrenal function and nourishing your endocrine system. These powerful allies can help you through your most stressful times — once you know how to access and properly use them.
Teresa Boardwine, founder of the Green Comfort School of Herbal Medicine, has dedicated her life’s work to sharing the nourishing, healing power of plants.
In this 7-module course, Teresa will show you how to bring adaptogens into your life to protect your body and mind from stress.
You’ll discover herbs to balance, nourish, and fortify your physical response to stress… why and how they work… which ones can help you bolster your immune response… how to use them to support your organ systems… easy-to-make, nutrient-packed recipes… and much more.
Teresa’s approach to botanical medicine matches herbal actions to the physiology of each individual. She’s known for her practical, hands-on instruction style as she shares therapeutic benefits of plants and formulas to help her students become more balanced, nourished, and empowered.
And she draws on and extends the wisdom of two leaders in herbalism:
Donald Yance, a clinical master herbalist and certified nutritionist, whose long-standing interests in botanical medicine, music, and Eastern Christian, Franciscan theology infuse his work, resulting in an approach to healing that’s compassionate, creative, intelligent, and inspiring.
David Winston, an internationally known lecturer, author, and ethnobotanist, whose world-renowned two-year herbal studies program has been educating herbalists, physicians, nurses, naturopathic physicians, veterinarians, and nutritionists in the art and science of clinical herbal medicine since 1980.
Throughout this course, Teresa will be going deep into what’s causing our stress responses, how to nurture yourself through tough times, the ins and outs of your cortisol response to stress — and why just about everyone is suffering from adrenal exhaustion these days, which results in symptoms like lower metabolism, muscle weakness, fatigue and lethargy, and poor concentration.
She’ll show us how we can address all these issues using powerful foods-as-medicine for grounding, fortifying the body, balancing the thyroid, and more.
As you’ll discover, when you’re fully nourished, you finally feel at home in your body, and you can calmly meet and respond to whatever life brings you.
During this informative and illuminating 7-module nutritional odyssey, you’ll:
- Discover how adaptogens can help you navigate your fight-flight-or-freeze response
- Explore how adaptogens are food for grounding — they provide nourishment for connection and grounding to the Earth, build up your resistance to stress, and support a healthier thyroid
- Learn about herbs that hold spiritual potency and can be used for protection, heart health, and longevity
- Discover how to stock your own self-empowerment apothecary — with sage, rosemary, oregano, and more
- Learn about a variety of adaptogens and their history
- Discover hormone balancers — for instance, ashwagandha, the yang-nourishing “horse power,” which helps create balance in all constitutions, along with shatavari, the yin-nourishing adaptogenic tonic
- Explore fascinating research that shows how reishi helps treat the lungs, inhibiting the release of histamine — a compound responsible for swelling, inflammation, and other allergic reactions
- Learn about grounding adaptogens — such as rehmannia, the herb for kidney yin revitalization, and American ginseng, which is good for rehabilitation
- Learn about herbs for mental acuity — like lion’s mane for bringing energy up to your head
- Discover herbs to quiet the fight-flight-or-freeze response, nourish the adrenal glands, and increase stamina — like eleuthero (also known as Siberian ginseng)
- Understand the impact of immunomodulating mushrooms — reishi, shiitake, maitake, and turkey tail
- Learn how to find and take these herbs — and even empower yourself to be an herbalist if the plants are calling you
- Understand the phytochemistry of adaptogens and how they affect our health
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Modules
In this 7-part transformational intensive, you’ll benefit from Teresa’s love of show-and-tell as she shares herbs and mushrooms and discusses how you can use them to build immunity, balance emotions, and boost vitality.
This course will feature step-by-step teachings and experiential practices with Teresa. Each session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones, so you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of the practices, tools, and principles you’ll need to maintain optimal wellness and energetic balance.
Module 1: Adaptogens for Grounding, Balancing & Nourishing Deeply
How do adaptogens impact your body — and your life?
In 1947, physician and pharmacologist Nikolai Lazarev coined the term adaptogen after noticing that certain plants could correct disturbances brought on by their environment.
In this opening session, you’ll explore how adaptogens can protect you this same way.
Adaptogens can increase your energy and stamina, improve your ability to perform demanding tasks, and enhance your tolerance for (and recovery from) all of life’s stressors.
They help you maintain your life force as they balance hormones and help your adrenals conserve resources. They even reduce the amount of hormones your body needs to release in the first place.
You’ll also discover how the closed loop of the endocrine glands produces hormones that effect change throughout your body.
In this opening module, you’ll discover:
- The importance of the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal (HPA) axis — the hormonal secretory system that manages the production of our sex hormones, adrenaline, cortisol, insulin, and more
- How this HPA axis releases adrenaline and cortisol during a stressful event, what happens when it triggers blood-glucose rapid release, and why this leaves you feeling exhausted
- Why it’s so important to mix true adaptogens with nutritive tonics
- The ways adaptogens reduce the fight-flight-or-freeze response to stress
- Herbs to balance, nourish, and fortify the physical response to stress, including eleuthero, American ginseng, astragalus, schisandra, rehmannia, and licorice
Module 2: Adaptogenic Immuno-Modulating Mushrooms & Roots
One of the main purposes of adaptogens is regulating your immune response. Medicinal mushrooms provide the adaptogenic qualities — each with specific jobs — to help the immune system fight off pathogens, fortify its response, and stimulate the phagocytes needed to destroy unwanted intruders.
In this session, you’ll learn which specific mushrooms, herbs, and roots are most effective for bolstering your immunity.
- Which medicinal mushrooms can best modulate your immune system and maintain its capacity to fight off invaders
- The properties in certain mushrooms, herbs, and roots that make them delicious and easy to digest
- That shiitake mushrooms stimulate the production of T-cells and also have an antiviral component — stimulating antibodies and interferons
- Certain roots that contain immune-boosting qualities (especially beneficial for autoimmune conditions) and that can be taken over long periods of time
- Herbs that boost your tumor inhibitors and have been shown to fight cancer by ridding the body of abnormal cells and debris
- Other herbs that help rid the body of toxins, debris, and metabolic waste
Module 3: Psychoneuroimmunology Effects of Adaptogenic Herbs for Nervous System Support
Some adaptogenic herbal remedies provide support to the nervous, endocrine, and immune systems… enabling a cohesive response to stress. They activate what some refer to as a “vital force,” which makes the response to stress more efficient and effective.
Certain herbs help calm stress and bring healing and harmony to your thoughts and emotions — even in the midst of chaos. This is particularly important at this time of crisis, because stress is known to be a factor in causing dis-ease, if not properly mediated.
In this session, you’ll discover:
- Herbs that hold spiritual potency and can be used for protection, heart health, and longevity
- Which herbs are found to be neuroprotective and beneficial after a brain injury or stroke
- Adaptogens for decreasing stress, reducing inflammation, and improving endurance
- Which herbs promote peace and tranquility for those who suffer from nervous exhaustion, overwhelm, high sensitivity, and chronic fatigue
- Mind/body/spirit connection through plants
Module 4: Reproductive-Boosting Adaptogens for Vitality & Stamina
You’ll discover the herbs that nourish the glandular productions to boost virility, fertility, motility, and erectility.
Hormones are products of the endocrine glands and are the fuel for our sexuality. We can use the nourishment of adaptogens to stimulate the cascade of feel-good chemicals. How we fortify the body’s innate desires is in recognizing and utilizing the appropriate herbs for each individual, regardless of gender or reproductive biology. Adaptogens can also create receptivity in sexuality.
In this module, you’ll discover:
- How maca (lepidium meyenii) promotes fertility and can enhance libido like ashwagandha (withania somnifera)
- The many ways herbs like American ginseng, Panax ginseng, licorice root, and shatavari feed and nourish the reproductive organs
- Which herbs provide more estrogenic benefits to boost energy levels and vitality
- How to support healthy, balanced vitality to feel satisfied and fulfilled
Module 5: Specific Adaptogens to Support Organ Systems for Optimal Functioning
Adaptogens can normalize and support all the organ systems in your body.
Teresa will share how to use adaptogenic, nutritive herbs to do just that. She’ll guide you to review basic anatomy and she’ll share HOW adaptogens support organs and systems — covering many functions, actions, and chemicals crucial to optimizing health.
In this module, you’ll explore:
- How reishi calms and protects the heart, lowers blood (serum) cholesterol, inhibits red blood cell (RBC) aggregation, and lowers blood pressure
- The many ways the goji berry calms the shen (“spirit” or “heart-mind” in Chinese medicine) and nourishes the eyes
- The properties of holy basil that protect the cardiovascular system
- Which properties of adaptogens restore the liver, preventing viral-induced liver damage from hepatitis C and other diseases
- Fascinating research that shows how reishi helps treat the lungs, inhibiting the release of histamine — a compound responsible for swelling, inflammation, and other allergic reactions
Module 6: Brain Nootropic Herbs to Accompany the Adaptogenic Restorative Process
You’ll explore how nootropic herbs enhance brain circulation and memory.
As you’ll discover, noos means “mind,” while tropos implies “acting on the mind.” These powerful herbs are often called smart drugs — they keep our memory sharp, repair neurons, and reduce oxidative stress.
In this module, you’ll learn:
- How the right herbs can slow down aging — or prevent it altogether
- Ways nootropic herbs reduce oxidative damage to the brain
- How “smart drugs” create better cerebral blood flow
- How nootropic herbs can aid the recovery process after a traumatic brain injury
- Why lion’s mane promotes memory and focus
- How holy basil, gotu kola, and white peony can increase your cognitive function — and fit easily into your life
Module 7: Integrating Adaptogens Into Your Diet
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
Plants provide so much more than the basic three nutrients: fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.
They provide fiber, phytochemicals, vitamins, and minerals to nourish, fortify, and balance you.
In this closing module, Teresa will share specific ways to ingest these substances as food and beverages — instead of through just the traditional medicine routes of tinctures, teas, and capsules.
As you and your classmates reflect on your journey through this course, you’ll explore:
- How mushrooms take center stage in the soups, stews, and stir-fries of many traditions around the world
- Ways the polysaccharide-containing water-soluble roots can be converted in milk, ghee, and honey — and used to make a beverage that serves as a balanced, nutritive food
- Ingredients you can keep on hand to create delicious, nutritious concoctions
- Adaptogenic herbs that nourish, balance, and support you in your busy life
- Easy-to-make, nutrient-packed recipes for bone broth and vegan mushroom broth, bonbons and energy balls, coffees, and matcha and golden-milk cordials
What People Are Saying About Teresa Boardwine
“… [Teresa] is a truly gifted teacher.”
I have known Teresa Boardwine for almost three decades as a brilliant herbalist, educator, and truly warm and caring friend, colleague, and practitioner. Having taught for her at her school, Green Comfort School of Herbal Medicine (or as I like to think of it, Hogwarts for Herbalists), I always love the experience. It is because her students are always well prepared, having already learned from Teresa, who is a truly gifted teacher.
— David Winston, RH (AHG), DSc (hc), Author of Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina and Stress Relief
“As a medicine maker, [Teresa] is in her realm and her cordials are nothing short of divine.”
Teresa’s teachings are deeply rooted in the Appalachian Mountains, where her family has lived for generations. She weaves this tradition with an expertise in natural foods, and her stellar curriculum reflects her years of living in Europe, where plant medicine is a way of life. As a medicine maker, she is in her realm, and her cordials are nothing short of divine.
— Kat Maier, RH (AHG), Herbalist, director of Sacred Plant Traditions
“Just knowing Teresa and thinking of her is beneficial to my heart!”
When I first met Teresa about 20 years ago at a conference, one of the workshops she was giving was about how to make botanical cordials and elixirs — traditional preparations from rich herbal lore. I thought that “cordial” was a perfect item for someone as heartfelt and as passionately devoted to herbs as she: cordial, from the French word coeur for “heart,” derived from the Latin cordialis, for the heart. Cordials were so named because originally they were preparations thought to benefit the heart. Just knowing Teresa and thinking of her is beneficial to my heart!
— Mark Blumenthal, Founder and executive director of the American Botanical Council
“… [Teresa] has guided me down the path of herbal health as a lifestyle and journey.”
Teresa is a beautiful soul who connects the dots between plants and medicine on many levels. As a teacher and mentor, she has guided me down the path of herbal health as a lifestyle and journey. Through her extensive knowledge, deep connection with the plants, and ability to present plant medicine in a truly effective and understandable way, she has inspired me to a passion for and career in herbal medicine.
— Colleen O’Bryant
“… deep knowledge of botanical medicine and a down-home delivery that will make you smile.”
Teresa has been speaking at the annual Medicines From the Earth Herb Symposium for over 20 years. Her presentations are a combination of deep knowledge of botanical medicine and a down-home delivery that will make you smile. Everyone loves her medicine-making demonstrations — she is a paragon of the herbal community!
— Linnea Wardwell, Director of Herbal Educational Services (organizers of Medicines From the Earth)
About Teresa Boardwine
Teresa Boardwine’s dynamic approach to teaching health and wellness is professional, warm, and down-to-earth. She presents medicinal information in lay terms, in a way that’s enjoyable and easy to understand. In all of her programming, she teaches how to implement changes by integrating the herbs, foods, and supplements necessary for optimal health and wellbeing.
Teresa’s passion for connecting people with plants is infectious. An accomplished herbalist, her teachings about the science and art of herbal medicine are infused with knowledge gained from the California School of Herbal Studies, her work as an herbal educator at Smile Herb Shop and as co-founder/instructor at Dreamtime Center for Herbal Studies, and her 20 years of clinical practice.
Teresa, a professional member of the American Herbalist Guild, has lectured at many national conferences, including Medicines From the Earth Symposium, Southeast Women’s Herbal Conference, North Carolina Herb Conference, UVA, Monticello Fall Harvest Festival, and National Natural Pharmacy Association. She has authored two books, Cordially Yours and Herbal Spa, which includes a DVD of recipes.
Sale Page: https://theshiftnetwork.com/course/01Adaptogens01_20
– After making a purchase, you will see a View your order link to the Downloads page. Here you can download all the files related to your order.
– In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend a new download link.
– If you can’t find the download link, please don’t worry about it. This course is usually available and shipped within one day
– The course you purchased will have lifetime access
– Our support staff is the best by far! Please contact us at email: [email protected] and we will be happy to help!